Welcome to the UGC’s Monthly Market Update for January 2024.
Join UGC’s CEO & Chief Investment Officer, Joel Hewish, as he takes a deep dive into the latest financial market trends and conditions for the US and Australia, as well as providing an in-depth analysis of the stock markets.
Don’t miss out, CLICK HERE to get the latest video education from UGC.
MARKET OVERVIEW – US
- Tale of 2 Markets – Large Caps Vs Small Caps
- Magnificent 7 expensive for a reason
- What Are The Most Popular Stock Market Bets Among Fund Managers?
- Geopolitics Is The Main Source Of Concern For Investors
- Will The Mountains Of Available Cash Soon Be Invested In Risky Assets?
MACROECONOMIC OVERVIEW – US
- Rate Cut Expectations Are Being Pushed Back
- MACROECONOMIC OVERVIEW – AUSTRALIA
- No Rate Cuts Expected Until October 2024
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 have now reached new all-time highs after almost 500 days. The Russell 2000, however, remains in Bear Market territory.
- Market Breadth improved in November and December but has waned again in January.
- Geopolitical risks seems to be greatest perceived risk to markets for 2024.
- U.S. Interest Rate Cut expectations are being pushed out to around the middle of 2024, while market is expecting the RBA to hold rates steady until mid to late 2024.
- Growth stocks have been in a sweet spot this month. January should be the Platinum Alpha and Global Alpha’s best month for a long time. Trading conditions best since we’ve seen since UGC Global Alpha Fund was launched. Wary of a pullback in February.