Episode 5 of The Investor Exchange
The boys are let loose this episode with Steph away. Louis steps up to host and promotes a boxing match between share investing and property investing,
700 Financial Advisers Lose Their Licence
Joel updated us on the fallout from the Royal Commission with the combination of changes at AMP and the closure of Dover leaving 700 Financial Advisers and thousands of clients without a home. Joel also provided an economic update on the changes to trade practices between China and the United States, the US Stock Market responded positively to the news.
Our Investor Exchange Round Table Discussion Covered:
- What is the Downsizer Program?
From 1 July 2018, if you are 65 years old or older and meet the eligibility requirements, you may be able to choose to make a downsizer contribution into your superannuation of up to $300,000 from the proceeds of selling your home.
Our experts pull this apart and ask the question – is there really a benefit?
- How do you make money when a stock price drops?
Joel discusses Risk Management and its application when investing in shares to minimize losses when a stock price plummets. We’re talking Stop Losses and how to use them. (23:20)
- Where should you invest – Shares or Property?
Louis poses a question from a client who recently downsized and is trying to decide where to invest the proceeds. The guys argue to pros and cons of both asset classes before Louis decides a winner – and it’s a close bout (37:30)
You Cannot Be Serious this week:
- Brett force fed us some commentary out of The United States about their July 4th eating competition and the over the top praise for their national champion Joey (Jaws) Chestnut. (52:00)
- Joel tells us about 2 Real Estate Agents fighting for a listing – actually fighting. (53:30)
- Louis introduces us to a strategy to claim tax deductions on your children. (54:40)
We are wanting listeners to write in or leave a voice message for us with questions, feedback or topics for discussion. You can do this via The Investor Exchange website on the link below.
Ask a Question: https://theinvestorexchange.com.au/ask/
Join the Conversation: fb.me/theinvestorexchange
The Investor Exchange Theme Music: “Happy Happy Game Show” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.