Episode 11 of The Investor Exchange
Louis and Brett go rogue again without Steph or Joel to pull the reigns. The boys take the conversation in a number of directions starting with Westpac being fined $35 Million for risky lending which leads to a discussion about how risk and returns are linked when investing. We have an in depth discussion about the importance of having a coach, whether it be in sports, business or managing your money, having a coach or team of advisors is fundamental to your success.
Other topics discussed include getting a better mortgage rate, the worlds biggest company and the financial myths and facts around aged care, listen in and enjoy.
Our Investor Exchange Round Table Discussion Covered:
- Is it time to review your mortgage?
3 of the big 4 banks have raised their mortgage interest rates. Brett introduces an idea that could save you thousands of dollars by making one phone call. Simply speak with a broker, change banks (or threaten to) and get a better rate on your home loan. (20:45)
- Who is the biggest company in the world?
Amazon became the 2nd company ever to reach the $1 Trillion value mark. Following quickly after Apple became the first to reach this milestone, Brett and Louis discuss which of these companies is likely to grow more in the future. (27:05)
- What are the costs of Aged Care?
Navigating your way into an aged care facility can be a minefield. Louis recently gave a presentation on the financial aspects associated with entering aged care and today he discusses some of the false assumptions people make and sheds some light on what the financial process is, including available subsidies, to prepare for a family member entering aged care. (30:50)
You Cannot Be Serious this week:
- Political Knifing – A Brazilian political candidate was recently stabbed in what Louis describes as a backfiring strategy for the perpetrator (52:15)
- Mad Monday’s – NRL team – Canterbury Bulldogs were fined $250,000 for vomiting, stripping naked and passing out in public. (53:40)
- Detective Doggy Doo – Brett shares the story of an Adelaide resident who had to install a camera on their house to catch and publicly shame a dog owner who repeatedly left his dog’s poo behind.
- Au Pair Despair – Brett has a rant about Governments and Councils wasting tax payer money and getting no value. (55:30)
The Investor Exchange partners with United Global Capital to run educational events for investors on Property Investing, Stock Market Investing and Financial Strategies.
VIEW EVENT CALENDAR
We are wanting listeners to write in or leave a voice message for us with questions, feedback or topics for discussion. You can do this via The Investor Exchange website on the link below.
Ask a Question: https://theinvestorexchange.com.au/ask/
Join the Conversation: fb.me/theinvestorexchange
The Investor Exchange Theme Music: “Happy Happy Game Show” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.